FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alimony after divorce

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 11 October 2021 This query is : Resolved 
The marriage between boy from Nagpur Maharashtra and girl from Chattisgarh is decreed divorced by Nagpur district court .
Does the boy still need to pay alimony ?
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 11 October 2021
If the Chattisgarh girl or her counsel is aware about Section 25 of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 she is entitled / claim for permanent alimony even after divorce, which remained unsettled/ settled for monthly payment, however, courts shall pass the decree only after lump sum payment of alimony .
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 11 October 2021
Yes , boy can not be exonerated from liability to pay permanent alimony and maintenance on the pretext that decree of divorce has been passed.
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 11 October 2021

The husband can be liable to pay maintenance after divorce. It depends on the facts of the case and the order passed in a divorce case.
Adv K Rajasekharan (Expert) 12 October 2021
He needs to pay alimony, only when she files a case in the court and the court orders him to pay it.

If she does not file a case for it, he need not pay till the court considers it and asks him to pay.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 12 October 2021
Yes. agreed with the advice of the above learned experts.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 13 October 2021
Thank you for the replies honorable lawyers !!
The girl had existing mental issues prior to marriage. The prescription records from her doctors are dated back before the marriage.
She gets mental fits. It was not disclosed before marriage by her or her relatives.
One day she got mental fit at her husband's home and it was horrible scene like a horror movie.
The doctor we consulted said it's incurable.
He also witnessed in the Nagpur court .
Based on that the divorce was granted.
The boys life is spoiled . And now the boys family is undergoing false cases of dowry and domestic voilence .
What should the boy do? He has to pay for getting fooled .
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 14 October 2021
The bridegroom has no escape but to pay maintenance of his bride through out her life or remarriage.
You have adequately been obliged by experts, Mr. / Ms. Anonymous, which may or may not be your personal case, which you did not disclose and no one can presume.

For further queries your lawyer is the best / only person to satisfy you.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query