LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

About property rights

(Querist) 17 January 2022 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Sir
Property belongs to my father self acquired property.He died with out any distribution of property according to my knowledge.i asks my mother to stay in the house she refuses, i doubt that she can crate any fake documents. still current bill 2 meters one is on my father name and second one on my name continue still and property tax on my father name.please give good suggestion to avoid that type of fake documents
P. Venu (Expert) 17 January 2022
On the death of a person, in the absence of a Will, the property devolves jointly upon all the legal heirs. It makes no difference that electricity bills or, even the tax receipts, continue to be in the name of the deceased person.
krishna mohan (Expert) 17 January 2022
All legal heirs have equal rights if the property is not bequathed through a will or any family settlement deed registered. So you can ask for your legal rights as provided under your personal law.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 17 January 2022
If your father died intestate then His self acquired property rights devolve on his legal heirs equally.yuo may ask your mother for division of property.
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 17 January 2022
Yes. Your father died intestate and hence all the legal heirs have an equal share in the property. If you doubt that some fake document was created, then file a partition suit.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 18 January 2022
You have not informed whether your father has executed any will or not, which cannot be presumed for forming proper opinion and oblige.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query