Sale deed (agreement) is lost

This query is : Resolved 

18 September 2019


This is Karan Mehta, my society sales deed(Agreement) is lost. I have checked with my Society and SRO if they can get my duplicate copy of my agreement. but they also don't have the copy.

Agreement was registered in year 1976.

Now i want to sell the flat, how can i sell it without Sales deed.? Request you to kindly advice.

Flat is registered in my name.
Share Certificate is on my name.
Maintenance Bill is on my name
Electricity Bill is on my name.

Kindly Advice...

Isaac Gabriel (Expert)
18 September 2019

Thogh allotted by society, sale deed or conveyance deed would have been registered in the Registrar office.apply copy. The conveyance deed could be obtained and based on which sale could be effected if the ppurchaser is convinced with encumbrance certificate.

18 September 2019

If your deed/document was registered with the registering authority, you can easily get a Certified Copy. So better to apply and then proceed.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert)
18 September 2019

Dear Mr. Karan,
You should obtain the sale deed from SRO in case original is lost. Otherwise it will be difficult for you to sale the flat or you may get less selling price of your flat.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
18 September 2019

Ji, obtain the copy of sale deed from SRO concerned. As the document is 40 years back, so they will take some time to issue. But you can obtain from SRO, using RTI if necessary.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
20 September 2019

The SRO concerned is duty bound to maintain a copy for 300 years, obtain certified copy of Sale Deed, if it was registered.

Hemant Agarwal (Expert)
20 September 2019

1. IF AT ALL, the original Sale Deed is not traceable in House or at SRO, THEN get a "Police Report" of the same, stating facts, that it is lost /misplaced /stolen /whatever....

2. ISSUE proper Public Notice in two local Newspapers, thru a registered Advocate.

3. Execute a "Irrevocable Indemnity Bond", in favor of Buyer-party, indemnifying buyer against ANY & ALL losses /claims /whatever...., of any kind whatsoever & whichsoever.

4. Armed with above documents & other existing available society documents, execute proper Sale Deed with confirming & consenting signatures of ALL your legal heirs. PERIOD.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu