Registration of a plot using cc of a lost sale deed


07 April 2019

The plot is registered on my fathers name and he is not alive now. The sale deed is lost. As we know the survey numbers and area of the plot we bought the CC without any FIR and posting ad in newspaper. Now our family has decided to gift the property to my elder sister. Can we proceed with registration with the help of only CC and death certificate? or do we need to file an FIR and post an ad in newspaper along with CC and death certificate? [We are not interested to sell the property to someone else anytime soon]. Awaiting your valuable suggestions. Thank you.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
07 April 2019

Dear sir, for registration purpose you have to mention the previous document particulars only but not document. And the certified copy issued by the SR is same value as original. so with the copy of sale deed, you can proceed for registration. It does not require FIR.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
08 April 2019

1. From the terminology "CC" used by you is for completion certificate, certified copy or something else?
2. Sale deed stated to have been in favour of your deceased father, who else are his (your father's) LRs?
3. Can you not get a certified or duplicate copy of Sale Deed from concerned Sub-Registrar where it was registered?
Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/documents, guidance and proceeding.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert)
08 April 2019

You can register property. You have to get legal heirship certificate from court as property was in your father's name.

raviteja (Querist)
09 April 2019

Thank you for your valuable suggestions and precious time :)

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu