Regarding disproportionate income rule

On which basis disproportionate income case apply,if someone living in a joint family and having having total income till date is Rs.25.00 lacs having service period of 4-5 yrs and total saving with him is Rs.18-19 lacs which also includes some cash given from parent then will this be treated as disproportionate income, confuse about the concept pls guide regarding this.

I am not getting under what contest you have posed above question. Individual income includes his family income and does not include income of joint family.

Naresh (Querist)

Sir I m asking whether the above which I have posted comes under disproportionate income or not if my total earning as of now is around 25 lacs whereas my total saving will be around 18-19 lacs.

Far more inputs and discussion is required to ascertain whether the amount your saving constitute disproportionate income. Anyhow, you know the truth; as such our opinions are immaterial.

Vague and incomplete information can not lead to form an opinion and oblige.
It is advisable to engage and consult a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts/ documents, guidance and proceeding.

You may make a description of the problem faced instead of framing question paper for departmental promotion examination of CBI.

Naresh (Querist)

First of all thank you all seniors for responding with their views,
Sir,Actually I wanted to know regarding the concept of DI,I have received cash from my relatives of around 3.00 lacs in span of 3-4 yrs due to this my saving is increased.As the money received is in cash I have no proof for that.
Living in a joint family my father used to bring most of the household items.
As far my salary account is related I used to withdraw some amount from that and deposited in another bank accounts.Due to this my saving gets increased.
Due to this I have asked this question on this forum coz I was not sure the DI concept or procedure.

Naresh

In simplified form, if you are not able to account for the bank balance and other savings/assets, it will constitute disproportionate income.

There is nothing cal;led "disproportionate income"

It is always "assets disproportionate to known sources of income" on which govt servant is charged.

Naresh (Querist)

Ok sir,but what if cash has been deposited by me which is given by my parent or relatives,merely oral statement justifiable.

Are you chargesheeted or FIR is registered?

Naresh (Querist)

No sir @sudhir sir,

Then why are you bothered if there is no case against you.

sare you anticipating any such trouble?

×