Boundary details wrong in plot about to purchase

Hi All the experts,

Need advise on a property that i am about to buy.
I am planning to buy a plot (with house) which is situated in Bangalore, while verifying the documents i found that the boundary details are wrong for East, West and North. Is it possible for me to correct it in my Sale deed (that i am about to do) or should i ask the original party to correct it and then proceed with the deal.
The vendor cannot do a rectification deed as the original party from whom my vendor has got plot is not traceable and the original sale deed was done 30 years back

Any help is appreciated

You may get Sale Deed with existing boundaries and also parallelly file a suit for declaration and get confirm the boundaries.

Buyer beware !!!!
You should have been vigilant and confirmed title, area and marketability of the subject property before finalisation of transaction Mr./Ms Anonymous.
It is advisable to show the documents to a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/ documents, guidance and proceeding.

R.K Nanda (Expert)

Avoid buying said property.

Thanks all for the precious replies, really appreciate that

One the local Lawyer suggested to get a declaration deed done from the vendor and get it registered with sub-registrar before even going for Sale Agreement.
Looks like 'Rectification Deed' is not possible now since the original party from whom my vendor purchased the site (32 years back) is not traceable as of now.

Now my question is weather a 'Registered Declaration Deed' with all the correction is enough ?

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert)

Dear Anonymous,
It is better to avoid buying that property. Still you want to purchase it then in that case you have to file declaration suit in court.

×