25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Witness before 313 crpc

(Querist) 18 March 2015 This query is : Resolved 
My wife filed a false 498A case against my mother & me and now the Evidence is closed from the girl side and cort order to files 313crpc and told us to give our statement before the court but I think that I want to file a petition before the court and request him to allow us to stand some witness from our end before giving our statement u/s 313 crpc & want to give our statements at the end of the complete of our witness. Is it possible and is the court allow to do so, please advise and if yes have you send us any format to file that requisition petition for our witness before the court please.
P. Venu (Expert) 18 March 2015
Your surmises are wrong or you have been wrongly advised. The court is following the appropriate procedure. You need not give any statement; only the court will put questions to you esp. on the evidence that appears to be against you. This would be helpful for you to present the evidence, if any, on your behalf.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 19 March 2015
Yes, you can file petition to examine witness on your behalf.
However in criminal cases defence does not bring witnesses as burden of proof lied solely on prosecution.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query