LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wife distrubing

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 12 July 2022 This query is : Resolved 
Due to long saperation with my wife, I have filed divorce case after 4 years of saperation.
During pendency of divorce, my wife has come to my house and threaten to me with abusive language & go to PS.

Thereafter, she lodged a complaint u/s 498A alleging that I have torture upon her at my house.

Can wife came to my house during pendency of divorce ?
I think she has came to my house to file 498A case.
Can 498A case lodged under above circumstances ?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 12 July 2022
Whether it is fact or not, she can lodge a case u/sec.498A. But you can file a petition that she is threatening you to file a case under IPC 498a. Consult your counsel.
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 13 July 2022

You have to get anticipatory bail if FIR is registered.
P. Venu (Expert) 15 July 2022
There is nothing to be alarmed. At present arrest on such allegations cannot be made as a matter of routine.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query