LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Unregisteres sale agreement

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 16 May 2023 This query is : Resolved 
I have entered into unregistered sale agreement for the value of 65lakhs asset and 20 lakhs paid as advance to them through bank. The property is ancestral property and the sale agreement is that they have to enter into partition and then i need to pay balance amount during on sale deed registration. For them its took 1.6 year complete the partition through court. Now due to price hike they are not coming forward and they are try to sell the property to third party as they are telling its is unregistered agreement.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 17 May 2023
sale document is to be registered and not the agreement to sell.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal Online (Expert) 17 May 2023
Yes, agreement to sell does not require compulsory registration but it should be on properly stamped paper.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 17 May 2023
The unregistered sale agreement can be taken as an evidence in the suit for specific performance of contract.
Hence you may file the suit for specific performance of contract if it is within the time limit
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 17 May 2023
Yes. Agree with the above experts.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now