LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ufm in examination

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 12 June 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Sir, My brother is presently working in government department. He had a UFM case in university while working in government job. He was debarred for 6 months. Will this ufm case affect existing government job of my brother? Please reply.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 12 June 2024
If your brother had suppressed the material fact at the time of joining the employment then he may have to face the legal consequences.
If this is not a material fact then he need not worry
P. Venu (Expert) 12 June 2024
What do you mean by "He had a UFM case in university while working in government job"? Was he in service when the incident happened and he has been debarred?
Please post complete facts.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 12 June 2024
Sir he was debarred by university when he was working as government employee. Will he be removed from present government job due to debarred from university in UFM case? Please reply
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 12 June 2024
Did he obtain permission from the employer to attend the exam? And while doing a government job and attending the exam, did he debar in the UFM case?
P. Venu (Expert) 12 June 2024
Has the University informed his Office of the the matter?
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 13 June 2024
Sir he has taken permission from his department for higher studies before admission. He has no idea whether the university had informed of his debarred to his department or not. What will be the consequences? Will he be removed from service? Is getting debarred will hinder his government job? Please reply
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 13 June 2024
As he has taken permission to attend the exams, the university may inform it. But before that he shall inform the fact to his employer and request to excuse the mistake done by him. Either informed by the University or the employee, the disciplinary action will be taken against him but he may not be removed from the job. So it is better to him to inform personally. Otherwise, it goes to more complications.
P. Venu (Expert) 13 June 2024
In the normal course, the University is in no way concerned with the grant of permission by your Department. And, if at all the University chooses to inform the Department, any adverse action against could only be through the due process i.e. you need to be informed of the allegations against you and be given an opportunity to be heard, in accordance with the principles of natural justice.

As such, it is prudent to ignore and forget the issues, until and unless you receive any communication from the competent authority. For the present, silence (both verbal as well mental) silence is the wise policy.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 14 June 2024
Sir, as the candidate has been already punished by university for ufm by getting debarred. Will the government department also punish him for same mistake again? Please reply.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 14 June 2024
A govt servant is expected to maintain "absolute Intergrity".

integrity is not restricted to his official dealing bu all the 24 hours at each stage of life.

In this case even if the university has punished him under one set of all (university regulations still action can be taken against him in another set of law (service regulations) by the department for lack of integrity.

P. Venu (Expert) 14 June 2024
What is the context for this query? Has your brother been served with a Show Cause Notice or Charge-sheet because of the Ufm in the examination and consequent penalty imposed upon him? If so, please post complete facts.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 15 June 2024
No Sir, no charge sheet, only he was debarred for six months. He has completed his degree. My only concern was whether he will be punished by his department even after he has been already punished by university. Also there was no police case. It was academic mistake of which he has been already punished. Please reply.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now