Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Transfer of share and interest in cooperative society

(Querist) 22 January 2023 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Experts,
Can a member of a cooperative group housing society transfer his share and interest to a person who is not a relative or family member. If yes, then how? Kindly guide.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 22 January 2023
That deed will be the gift deed if no consideration is involved and if the consideration is involved it is a sale.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 24 January 2023
I agree with expert Mr. Kavksatayanaryana ji to some extent, which would differ if share of member is under transfer to an outsider without transfer of title of the property.
P. Venu (Expert) 25 January 2023
In my understanding, share in the Society is coterminous with the ownership of the apartments constituting the Society. As such, it is inherent that for transferring share in the Society, the property ought to have been sold in the first instance.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query