Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Transfer of agriculture land to my brother without paying stamp duty

(Querist) 09 August 2013 This query is : Resolved 

i have 1.65 acres agriculture land in shahjahanpur(UP).i want to transfer that agriculture land to my brother. So can i transfer that without paying any stamp duty or is there any other cheapest method to transfer that land.what will be the total amount i have to pay,if there is any other method.
ajay sethi (Expert) 09 August 2013
you can execute gift deed in favour of your brother . stamp duty on gift deed is generally 2%
jas (Querist) 09 August 2013

someone told me stamp duty on gift deed in UP is 5%. Is it correct ? or its 2% only.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 09 August 2013
Registered gift deed shall require 2% stamp duty over the collector rate of that agricultural land. Obtain the collector rate from the local office of registrar.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 09 August 2013
Nothing more to add.
jas (Querist) 11 August 2013
Thanks Everyone for your prompt reply.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query