25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suit for recovery - promissory note

(Querist) 17 February 2008 This query is : Resolved 
in a case of suit for recovery of money against the son of a deceased father who is alleged to be a loanee, how far is the son liable to pay and that too if the the creditor has not demanded the money from his father directly but to some relative of the original loanee i.e. the deceased father, whether it amounts to no cause of action, please advise with citations if any.
Manish Raghav (Expert) 21 February 2008
can recover the amount in proportion to the estate inherited by him from his father.
Aniruddha.P.Pawse (Expert) 05 March 2008
The agreement if any need to be perused for answering your query.
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 22 August 2008
The son is liable till the extent property inherited to him.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 14 October 2008
The son is liable to pay in proportion to that amount inherited to him.
Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Expert) 01 May 2009
Son is liable to pay the extent of the Value of the property of his late father ,which is in his hands - not any more !
Sachin Bhatia (Expert) 11 October 2009
Son is liable to pay in proportion to that amount to the estate inherited by him.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 12 October 2009
I agree with Sachin.
Gulshan Tanwar (Expert) 01 May 2010
Law of proportionality applies here
A.Ravindran (Expert) 29 June 2010
I am also agree with Sachin
Gulshan Tanwar (Expert) 14 January 2011
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 23 January 2011
I agree with experts.
pritamsaini (Expert) 27 January 2011
As per section 50(2)of cpc . Where the decree is executed against such legal representative, he shall be lible only to the extent of the property of the deceased which has come to his hand and has not been duly disposed of, and, for the pupose of ascertaining such liability, the court may ececuting the decree may,of its own motion or on the application of the decree holder ,coplel such legal representive to produce ammount as its thinks fit.
Gulshan Tanwar (Expert) 26 February 2011

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query