suit for recovery - promissory note

in a case of suit for recovery of money against the son of a deceased father who is alleged to be a loanee, how far is the son liable to pay and that too if the the creditor has not demanded the money from his father directly but to some relative of the original loanee i.e. the deceased father, whether it amounts to no cause of action, please advise with citations if any.

Manish Raghav (Expert)

can recover the amount in proportion to the estate inherited by him from his father.

Aniruddha.P.Pawse (Expert)

The agreement if any need to be perused for answering your query.

SANJAY DIXIT (Expert)

The son is liable till the extent property inherited to him.

Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert)

The son is liable to pay in proportion to that amount inherited to him.

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Expert)

Son is liable to pay the extent of the Value of the property of his late father ,which is in his hands - not any more !

Sachin Bhatia (Expert)

Son is liable to pay in proportion to that amount to the estate inherited by him.

raj kumar makkad (Expert)

I agree with Sachin.

Gulshan Tanwar (Expert)

Law of proportionality applies here

A.Ravindran (Expert)

I am also agree with Sachin

Gulshan Tanwar (Expert)

Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert)

I agree with experts.

pritamsaini (Expert)

As per section 50(2)of cpc . Where the decree is executed against such legal representative, he shall be lible only to the extent of the property of the deceased which has come to his hand and has not been duly disposed of, and, for the pupose of ascertaining such liability, the court may ececuting the decree may,of its own motion or on the application of the decree holder ,coplel such legal representive to produce ammount as its thinks fit.

Gulshan Tanwar (Expert)

×