30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Succession matter

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 24 May 2022 This query is : Resolved 
The respect senior experts
Mr A (died) and Mrs A have 3 sons X(male and died), Y(male ) & Z(female and married).

Mr. Y and Mrs.Z by giving a written declaration relinquish their right over a land that belong to their father Mr A(died).

Now my queries to the respected senior experts are :
Can Mrs A (widow of let Mr.A) by mutation transfer the entire land to her name?
If possible , then is any court procedure required for such mutation?
K Rajasekharan (Expert) 24 May 2022
If the son X has any legal heir, then one-third of the property will devolve on to them.
Otherwise, the easiest way is to make a family settlement deed, signed by the three, in which Y and Z release their rights to their mother Mrs A, and get it registered.

Then with that deed, apply to the revenue officer to get the property mutated to the mother alone.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 24 May 2022
Thank you Sir K Rajasekharan for immediately responding and sharing his valuable opinion .
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 24 May 2022
Yes. Y and Z with the legal of heirs if any of X shall execute a release/relinquishment deed for their respective shares in favour of Mrs.A and get it registered.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 25 May 2022
Very well analysed, opined and advised by experts , I concur
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 26 May 2022
Sincere thanks to all the senior experts for sharing their views.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query