LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Society transfer fee

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 15 July 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Hello sir,

I have purchase home from my elder brother in 2014, now society chairman ask to pay transfer fee. With panelty .

My query is this property sold in near blood relation , so I am liable to pay transfer fee ? If yes then a how moch and no than what should I do to get share certi on my name from office .
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 15 July 2021
Where is the property located i.e., the State (Andhra / Maharashtra / Delhi etc) as local laws differ from state to state.
In Delhi transfer fees of Rs. 500/- + share of 100/- + 10/- administrative charges can be collected when a purchaser apply for membership in the cooperative housing society.
Consult a local lawyer for better appreciation of facts and professional advise.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 15 July 2021
Thanks sir ,

For your reply ,

This property located in Ahmedabad,
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 15 July 2021

You have to pay nominal transfer fees of Rs. 500/-. For transferring share certificate you have to get transfer NOC and submit the membership application form to society.
P. Venu (Expert) 15 July 2021
You may request him to inform you the authority under which the transfer fee and penalty is sought. What is the law under which Society is registered?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query