Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Society registration act,2001

(Querist) 25 December 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir/Madam,

Please let us know that the Apartment Welfare Association can be registered under the Society Registration Act,2001..The Society Registration officials are regretting and saying that, Apartment welfare Association is to be registered under Cooperative Societies Act,1964 not under Society Registration Act.

Please Advice me
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 25 December 2021
No. The registering official cannot say that. If the association is only a welfare association then it shall be registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (Amendment Act 35 of 2001). If they reject you can file an appeal to the Commissioner & IG of the Department.
J K Agrawal (Expert) 25 December 2021
If society is for Welfare of residents and for development of Arts Science culture, it can be registered under societies Registration Act but if society is for purpose of maintenance of building and to maintain common facilities of residents and to maintain the register of owners and occupiers, it cannot be registered under societies Registration Act but it should be registered either in cooperative societies o or as AOP Or BOI.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 27 December 2021
It depends upon nature of society / association of members i.e., whether your society is registered under the provisions of State Cooperative Societies Act or it is an association of members registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query