Should i let my office know of a possible 498a against me?

This query is : Resolved 

04 April 2012


My wife has already filed crpc125 against me. I fear she will file 498A against me, and I might face improsinment.

Should I let my company HR know that there will soon be a hearing of crpc125, and that 498A could be in the pipeline? Or should I just take leave saying I have some personal work?

04 April 2012

Dear Aditya,
Why are you anticipating too much?She has filed only for maintenance.Why not go for a compromise and make a settlement?

Shonee KapoorOnline (Expert)
04 April 2012

Always keep your seniors informed about such things.

My bosses were always helpful as I kept them informed of few unplanned leaves and then of all planned leaves.

I did adjust my work schedule so that court dates did not affect my work.


Shonee Kapoor

Guest (Expert)
04 April 2012

Mention merely the reason of leave as for attending a court case. The is of course no need for making any mention of the section on which the case relates.

Where friends live enemies also live there in any office environment.

Deepak Nair (Expert)
04 April 2012

very well advised by Mr.Shonee Kapoor.

Aditya (Querist)
04 April 2012

Thank you all for your good advices. They are very helpful for me.

I am afraid because as a layman, the name "court" does give me a chill down the spine, and mind wanders to negative things more.

Thanks for pumping me up.

Guest (Expert)
04 April 2012

You are welcome.

Raj Kumar MakkadOnline (Expert)
04 April 2012

Dar gya so mar gya.............dont afraid from courts. The courts are meant for justice. We are always helpful for the persons like you.

05 April 2012

Mear filing of a criminal case does not necessarily mean that accused shall be convicted. He may be aquited too. Moreover if u convicted in a 498 IPC BY THE LOWER court u have a right to appeal first in the sessions court and up to the supreme court. So don't be panic. But since it is filed by your wife u should try to compromise first.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x