Seniors cant be paid more than juniors

My father retired in 2011 from government institution. In 2016 he has requested the government to step up the pay at par with his junoir. If government does not comply can he file a writ?

ROHIT SHARMA (Expert)

1. Yes, he can file a complaint with State/Central Administrative Tribunal or can file a writ petition under Article 226 of the C.O.I.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

what is the reason govt stated for such refusal.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

There are several occasions when junior could validly draw more salary.

i.e.

(i) Junior actually joined earlier than senior and earned increment prior to him.
(ii) Junior has while serving on lower post earned personal pay higher than minimum of higher post at the time of promotion and senior being direct recruit of higher post joined at minimum.
(iii) Junior having any personal pay/ qualification pay.
(iv) Junior having become eligible for ACP /MACP prior to senior due to one reason or the other.
(v) ............And so on ..............

Please state whether any such reasons exits

Alok (Querist)

The Central Coalfield Limited has not refused yet. I was asking in case they refuse.

1. Both (My Father and Junior) have same date of Joining 7.10.77, they Joined CCL on same date as Process Trainee.
2. My father got promoted to Senior Technical Inspector, where as his Junior was promoted to the same post one year later.
3. I guess it was clerical mistake.

4. Both retired from the post of Senior Technical Inspector.

regards

Alok Singh

Please post the material facts.

Repeated query:

http://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Seniors-cant-be-paid-more-than-juniors-593741.asp#.Vw86D_l97IV

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

you are not to the point.

why deptt has refused upgradation?

Alok (Querist)

Dear Sudhir Kumar Sir, The one who did was Junior Officer, he acknowledged it as anomaly but sat over it. After that he became Director (Pers).

Now We have again filed with Director (P), he has issued the letter to down authorities. I have quoted him the judgement of Gurcharan singh Grewal vs Punjab State electricity board of 2009 Supreme Court.

One basic rule CCL officers follow is 'let sleeping dog lie'.

Now if CCL does not do this correction, can we file a writ. I am getting all the service record through RTI. Hope court may not ask me where were you after this much time.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

not clear

since when junior was drawing more pay and how much more he was drawing.

till when he drew more pay.

malipeddi jaggaraoOnline (Expert)

No reply to repeated query.

Alok (Querist)

Dear Sudhir Kumar Sir, The office said in 2012 its not a anomaly but bad pay structure.

Alok (Querist)

Sudhir Kumar Sir, My father got promoted to Senior Technical Inspector, after one year his junior also got promoted to the same. After his promotion his increased.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

anyway you have decided to make it a riddle by hiding dates and pay drawn by both.

Your choice if you do not need guidance.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

what pay your father was drawing on promotion?
when he got promoted?
did he opt for immediate pay fixation or from next date of increment.

what pay his junior was drawing when your father was promoted?
what pay he was drawing when he himself got promoted ?

what was pay scale of lower post
what was the pay scale of higher post

FINALLY WHAT WAS THE DATE OF PROMOTION OF BOTH

If you do not know or disclose these details then you are wasting time.

Alok (Querist)

Sorry Sir, I will get back to you with all details you asked for. Thanks for your time.

I have already suggested on the following lines against your other query at http://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Seniors-cant-be-paid-more-than-juniors-593741.asp#.Vw86D_l97IV:

"First of all, you should obtain definite information on the subject-matter under RTI. You or your father cannot attain anything on the basis of assumptions and presumptions. Delay may not matter as the grievance, if valid, is of continuing nature."

Alok (Querist)

Dear P. Venu Sir, I am doing it. I will come back to you with full information. Thanks sir.

×

Muslim Personal Law     |    x