Section 138 &142


Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
07 July 2019

I gave cheque to a person because I have to gave money. But after some days he asked me for money by taking some time I returned the money. But he didn't returned the cheque. I asked many times to return the cheque. But he didn't returned. After some days he presented the cheque in the bank. I stopped the cheque through online banking. But now he gave me legal notice under sections 138&142. Now what I have to do. Please give me clarification as early as possible

Advocate Bhartesh goyalOnline (Expert)
07 July 2019

Reply notice with true and correct facts.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
08 July 2019

Did you obtain any receipt for repayment of cheque amount? If not, how can you prove that you have paid the amount?
It would be advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer with relevant record for proper analyses, guidance and proceeding.
If you are located in Delhi/NCR and feel so, may contact me (on appointment) with relevant record at:
Chamber No 647, Lawyer' s Chamber Block, Dwarka Courts Complex, Sector 10, Dwarka, New Delhi
Cell # + 91-98911-52939 email: majjagdish@yahoo.com or visit: www.vakil-saab.com

P. Venu Online (Expert)
08 July 2019

Yes, furnish the reply to the notice bringing the facts on record.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



IPC Grand Course     |    x