25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sale deed

(Querist) 15 October 2018 This query is : Resolved 
Sale deed of a property is registered SOLELY in my name. My father's name as mentioned in the deed is not correct. His name should have been written as Randhir Kumar instead its written as Ranbir Kumar. It seems that this happened as an inadvertent mistake ( sale deed was executed in vernacular ) . All my identity documents Like aadhar card , pancard & Voter ID has my father's correct Name. How do I get this rectified so that in case we have to sell this property at a later date there should not be any problem.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 15 October 2018
You can make a correction deed.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 16 October 2018
Get a Rectification Deed registered with the concerned Sub-Registrar, seeking professional services of a local lawyer.
Manu (Querist) 16 October 2018
Thanks a lot for a prompt reply Just need a clarification does the rectification deed be signed by both the parties in the case as mentioned. The reason that that I am asking this is because I purchased the plot 10 years ago and getting sign off from the the seller may be rather difficult. Also my Father's name rectification is not having any material impact on the seller.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 17 October 2018
Of course, both the parties will have to present and execute Rectification Deed.
Manu (Querist) 17 October 2018
Thanks a Lot Dr Vashista , What is the stamp duty for rectification deed in Punjab.
KISHAN DUTT RETD JUDGE (Expert) 18 October 2018
Dear Sir,
You have to get a registered Rectification Deed in the following format.


This DEED OF RECETIFICTION is executed at this the day 2004 between
s/o residing at

hereinafter referred to the RECTIFIER/VENDOR which term includes ts successors and assigns of the ONE PART;


s/o residing at

hereinafter referred to as PURCHASER which term includes his heirs, executors, administrators, representatives and assigns of the OTHER PART

WHEREAS the property more fully described in the Schedule hereunder was sold by the Rectifier/Vendor in favour of the Purchaser herein in and by sale deed dated and registered as Document No. of of Book1 volume filed at pages to on the file of the Sub Registrar of hereinafter referred as the Principal Deed.

WHEREAS in the Principal Deed dated in line of page No. and in line
of page the Survey number of the property was wrongly typed as instead of .

WHEREAS this typographical error has come to the knowledge of the above said Purchaser and requested the Rectifier/Vendor to rectify the same.


That in the Principal Deed dated in line of page No. and in line of page No. the Survey number of the property conveyed is wrongly typed as is rectified as
by this Deed of Rectification.

That as rectified as aforesaid, the Principal sale Deed shall remain in full force and effect.

That no consideration has been received by the RECTIFIER/VENDOR for executing this Deed of Rectification.

(As in the Principal Deed)

(Rectified by this deed of Rectification)
Present Market Value of the Property is Rs.

In Witness where of the RECTIFIER/VENDOR and the PURCHASER have set their hands on the day and month year first above written in the presence of



Please mark “LIKE” if satisfied by my answer.
Manu (Querist) 18 October 2018
Dear Sir Krishan Dutt Ji , Thanks a lot for the information that you shared. One part you have answered other part is regarding the stamp duty for rectification deed , I checked with a lawyer in the local courts ( Mohali & Kharar) they informed its 1% of the property value. I searched on the net tough the information is not complete it mentions that Rectification deed shall be executed on Rs 100 stamp papers for mistakes( like spelling etc) which do not alter the property value. There is huge gap in terms of expenses .Kindly guide what are the expenses involved.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 18 October 2018
The stamp duty rates varies from one State to other State. Normally it will be a maximum of Rs.100/- for a rectification of an error like spelling etc.,
Manu (Querist) 19 October 2018
Thanks a lot every one

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query