Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Sale agreement validity

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
21 July 2021

Hi Sir,
We have entered a sale agreement with Seller (Husband and Wife) for the purchase of land.
Now one of the sellers (husband) was died. Already signed sale agreement was expired.
Now, we are proposing to enter a sale agreement with all legal heirs (4 children's + Mother).
One of the legal heirs is staying in abroad, planning to give power of attorney to his mother. It will take some time in completing this process
Therefore, we are planning to enter a sale agreement with all the legal heirs without getting sign from NRI legal heir. Is this agreement being valid, we have already paid 50% of money to seller (deceased person).
Request your support.
Thank you

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
21 July 2021

The legal heir who is abroad shall also sign on the deed. So get to be prepared a GPA in your place on white papers and send it to the person who is abroad. After receipt of the same, he shall get to be attested a Notary Public/Counsellor/Embassy as the case may be.

K RajasekharanOnline (Expert)
22 July 2021

There is another way to purchase the entire property in two parts.
You can purchase the 4 shares out of the five shares in the undivided property right now, by paying 30 per cent of the agreed price in addition to the 50 per cent you already paid.

Later, when the power of attorney is ready some days later you can purchase the remaining 20 per cent share of the undivided property from his/her attorney holder. Then the entire property will be yours.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
22 July 2021

Well analysed, opined and advised by experts I agree.

Get a fresh agreement to sell be executed between all LRs of deceased and you.

Either the NRI/ abroad person may authorise (by executing PoA) any of his/ her siblings to sell his / her share or leave his/ her share for the time being.

krishna mohanOnline (Expert)
23 July 2021

If the property is transferred in the name of all legal heirs you can re enter the agreement for sale signed by all legal heirs with the guidance by a lawyer to review the title papers so that when the property is registered as a sale deed no issues. You can also explore the suggestion of Mr.Satyanarayana if the property is undivided and all legal heirs agreeing for the same as per the division mutually agreed to.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x