LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rights of unmarried daughter

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 09 December 2023 This query is : Resolved 
My parents are literally torturing me from childhood not letting me to do anything can someone actually tells me what are the rights of unmarried daughter .I need financial support from family but they are not ready to do so.Under what circumstances can I claim my financial share as am not earning and neither allowed to do so..
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 09 December 2023
your query is not clear.

not known what type of support you need.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 09 December 2023
If your parents are not supporting you financially college expenses or whatever then what are my rights ( provided bieng unmarried) to my father or mother if they are not paying my college expenses and If I want to earn they are not letting me do so( house arrest) kind of situation.
P. Venu (Expert) 09 December 2023
Yes, the query as well the subsequent posting is short of material facts.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 09 December 2023
Do you have siblings? If you are a major, take the help of the police and try for a suitable job for your needs. If you are under the age of 25, you try to obtain a direction from the court for your maintenance. But trying a job with the help of other elders and well-wishers.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 09 December 2023
If you are a Hindu by religion, a daughter, unmarried, major by age and not having any source of income to sustain your own expenses, then you can file a petition under section 20 of Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Ac t seeking maintenance amount every month from your father is earning or having sufficient income or source of income.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now