Right of self acquired property

I am living in Gujarat State. My religion is Hindu. I want to know my self acquired property rights who can claim on my property when I was live
and others My any family member and widow sun in law (she job as School teacher) can claim on my self acquired property which is leave in my house separately since last 15 years
this property is on my name

Devajyoti BarmanOnline (Expert)

No body except your wife, if any, can lay claim on your self acquired property as long as live.

None including your wife can claim your self acquired property during your life time.

ajay sethiOnline (Expert)

you are the owner of self acquired property . during your lifetime your wife can have a right to stay in shared household .

prabhakar singh (Expert)

2nd one is the right answer.

Nadeem QureshiOnline (Expert)

Dear Rajesh
as you inform that you are the owner of the property and it is your self acquire property, according to law, you are the absolute owner of the property and no one have any right in this property, if there is any dispute between you and your wife, your wife can claim only for stay in your shared household.
feel free to call

Kiran Kumar (Expert)

properly explained by Mr. Qureshi

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Expert)

In self acquired property no member of HJF can claim his right of person. but the wife of said person has limited interest over the property of her husband i.e., she has right of residence which right is dependent.

Shonee KapoorOnline (Expert)

Your wife has no right over your self-acquired property.

However, she can get the right of residence under DV.

Also the same property can be of consideration when wife applies for permanent alimony u/s 25 HMA.

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

×