LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Requirements of documents

(Querist) 19 June 2024 This query is : Resolved 
In joint property out of three one person at his small age went away and did not return back even after 50 years but his name is reflected in fard property documents. My query whether this person is alive or dead how to proceed so that property can be sold off.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 19 June 2024
It cannot be suppressed, but a civil death could be applied to proceed .
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 19 June 2024
If the person is not heard of for more than seven years, then on the basis of man missing complaint, a suit for declaration to declare him as civil dead to be filed before civil court, after which the legal heirs of the missing person/civil dead person can avail his share in the jointly held property.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 19 June 2024
Yes. The court shall declare the missing person as civil dead and order to divide the property excluding him.
Sri Vijayan.A (Expert) 20 June 2024
Proceed to declare civil death

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now