Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Required assistance for registration of marriage

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 21 November 2010 This query is : Resolved 
Dear All,

We have done marriage in arya samaj mandir without our parents concern so wanted ur expert advice in below mentioned queries:
1. Procedure of registering our marriage under HMA.
2. How much time will this procedure will take.
3. After registering my marriage in court, Is it possible that our parents will create any problem in our future relationship.

Request all of the experts to look into above mentioned questions and assist me on the same.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 21 November 2010
1. The marriage is itself under HMA. No need for any other regstraton if the Arya Smaj issues the Certifcate.
2. Now instantly( In West Bengal).
3.Not through any legal means. But as far as any illegal means are concerned then only they can reply this query. In any case if such untoward incident occcurs then the recourse to law is open to both of you.
Kiran Kumar (Expert) 21 November 2010
I agree with Mr. Barman.

but few things are needed to be added....few states have made it mandatory to get the marriage registered from Registrar even if the certificate is issued by the Arya Samaj Mandir.

as far as consumption of time is concerned, the registrar's office may issue the certificate on the same day if few bucks are passed (a common corrupt practice in India).

if you have any apprehension that your life and liberty is at threat at the hands of parents then you may approach High Court to seek protection of life and liberty. few HCs entertain such petitions under S.482 of Cr.P.C and others take it as a Writ Petition under Art.226 of the Constitution of India.
AEJAZ AHMED (Expert) 21 November 2010
In addition to the replies of ld. friends kindly go through the below site for my reply about procedure of registration.
s.subramanian (Expert) 22 November 2010
I agree with Mr.Kiran.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query