LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Request for return of original certificates

Guest (Querist) 14 March 2024 This query is : Resolved 
I left college in 2 nd year , it is a 3 year course . I ve paid full fees of 2 nd . But they are asking me to pay for 3 Rd to give back my original certificates.
But in the prospectus it's clearly mentioned that (custody of orginal certificates ) After the approval of the candidature, originals will be returned to the students.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 14 March 2024
Yoy are correct.But it is the practice to collect the full fees.In this case if you go on starting litigation,it will be a tme consumoing process and your futher studies will stand affected.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 14 March 2024
I think it is a private college and so asking for 3rd year fees instead of waste of time and money.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 14 March 2024
You can make a complaint with registrar of the university against the college principal about this atrocity and request to direct the principal to return the original certificates.
Nobody can retain the original certificates of any student for any reason, if this complaint is not effective then you can file a writ petition against the college or approach civil court with a suit for mandatory injunction seeking direction against the principal to return the original educational certificates.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 14 March 2024
Yes college can't retain your original certificates for any reason.File complaint before District Consumer Commission and claim your original certificates and also claim compensation towards mental and physical agony caused to you.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now