Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Report to income tax investigation wing

(Querist) 11 February 2012 This query is : Resolved 
dear sir,
can a state governmant employee legally provide informations to "Income Tax Investigation wing" regarding disproportionate assets of his superior officer?
S.B.adil rahman (Expert) 11 February 2012
Yes, any one can as a whistle blower. There is no bar for a government employee in providing information to Income Tax or Vigilance Wing. He should however request to keep his identity secret. But if the information is for vextious purpose then there may be a case against him for furnishing false information to frame his boss and/or to defame him. So be very careful.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 11 February 2012
Yes is the only answer to your query.
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 11 February 2012
If there is any demand from the IT department you are bound to provide info.

If you voluntarily disclose it to IT, you will be treated as informer.
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 12 February 2012
Yes he can
prabhakar singh (Expert) 12 February 2012
yes any body can do so.
tapan chakrabarty (Querist) 12 February 2012

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query