LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Remove 498a 420 case after divorce

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 29 March 2023 This query is : Resolved 
Divorce was granted on mutual terms and we filed a compromise pitition in lokadalat for case removal and case was posted to 90 days observation period as divorce was not granted . Later in between divorce was granted and final settlement dd was handed over in front of honourable judge and same was recorded with dd number in divorce order. After 90 days girls is not willing to attend lokadalat .so please suggest on how to proceed to remove the criminal cases
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 29 March 2023
file quashing of FIR in High Court. 498a is prima-facie compoundable.
P. Venu (Expert) 29 March 2023
You may approach the High Court under Section 482 CrPC.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 29 March 2023
I agree with the advice of the above learned experts.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 30 March 2023
You can a quash petition under section 482 cr.p.c. before high court to quash the FIR/Charge sheet on the basis of the dissolution of your marriage on the grounds of mutual consent and attach the certified copies of the divorce decree.
The high court may quash the charge sheet, if not then you may challenge the same in the trial court.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now