Regularization of covering terrace with transparent sheet

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
12 July 2020

Hi, I bought a penthouse in Pune in 2017 and got interiors done with a transparent acrylic sheet at terrace in 2018. We raise a request in society register and they allowed us to get it done in our terrace as it wasn't permanent construction. The transparent acrylic sheet got damaged and needs a replacement. i went to society office for permissions as society gate generally doesn't allow any material to get in without permission from society. what they told me is to get permission from PMC to replace transparent acrylic sheet as it's not in their capacity. when i challenged them that its not permanent construction or structural change but just to cover from rains, why does it need to go to PMC and it was done just two years back after speaking to society bearers to which they replied that PMC recently challenged them as to why are they giving permissions even for this hence it needs to go to PMC. Can someone please help me on this?

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
12 July 2020

Challenge the decision of the society before Registrar. Otherwise approach the PMC for permission.

Hemant AgarwalOnline (Expert)
12 July 2020

1. Registrar of Societies or the Society Mg.Committee have no legal jurisdiction to give you any permission for installing Temporary /Permanent shed on terrace.

2. ONLY the local Municipal Corporation /Council has legal jurisdiction to give permission for installing Temporary /Permanent shed on terrace AND such permission is final & irrefutable.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
13 July 2020

I agree with expert advise of Mr. Hemant Agarwal, the issue falls within the jurisdiction of local municipality / development authority and not RCS.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
13 July 2020

Registrar of societies is to be approached against Society as the structure is existing and only repairing is required.

PMC is to be approached in case of such temporary structure to be structured.

P. Venu Online (Expert)
13 July 2020

Yes, the Society has authority to give permission. However, ascertain first of all, whether such temporary structure requires any permission at all.

Priyanshu ShrivastavaOnline (Querist)
18 July 2020

Thanks all for your reply. The way I understand, they have raised the hand and pointed towards PMC as in mine society(900+ units), most of the people with balcony or terrace are asking they dont want it to happen(may be scared of some legalities, best known to them). Is there any page of PMC where I can find detailed process of how to go forward? Please help if anyone is aware of as I tried to search on net but couldn't get any information on it.


You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x