Regarding serving notices

Please help on the below 2 points. Please.

1) can lawyer notice be served online either through watsapp/ email address/ Facebook Messenger id? Any of them or all of them?

2) if so, who has to do it.

They have to be sent from my lawyers watsapp/email/ Facebook id?

Or I as a client have to take pic of content prepared by my lawyer and have to send from my watsapp/email address.

Kindly help with the above 2.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)

An advocate can send legal notices through Whatsapp, email, Facebook, etc. Even clients can send a notice through social media or through email. It is better to take the photo or scan the notice copy and send through social media or through email.

Recently S.C has filled that notice/summons can be served through e.mail,watsapp, facebook and through other social media.Lawyer can also send notice through e.mail,watsapp and facebook.

Hemant AgarwalOnline (Expert)

1. Lawyers Notice (digitally signed) CAN be and MUST be sent ONLY thru his own official Email ID and/or other permissible methods which he may be having. A copy of same may be marked to you.

2. YOU cannot send Lawyers Notice from your personal Email ID and/or other media and neither such Notice shall be valid.

Ram PrasadOnline (Querist)

Sir different views expressed by experts. What to follow. Kindly share any concrete links to refer

Service of notice / summons / challan through email, WhatsApp, telegram and other electronic media is valid, which is gift of COVID-19.

Legal notice can be served by e-mail etc. Your lawyer should send it. Take a print of the e-mail sent.

It is better to send confirmation copy by speed post mentioning that same already sent by e-mail.

Any way the postal mode is available,which is not cumbursome and make the job easy for ordinarry client

Postal notice is traditional method, download the track record of the consignment.

×

IPC Grand Course     |    x