LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Regarding filling of attestation form

(Querist) 24 April 2020 This query is : Resolved 
I was found guilty in an ufm case in college semester exam due to which one of my paper was cancelled or in other languages, I was failed in that paper by the university. I cleared it as a backlog during the next exam.Tchhnically ,I was not debarred of rusticated by the university.I have got a job in Income Tax department and while filling the attestation form I came through a column "Have you ever been debarred from any examination Or rusticated by any University or any other Educational authority/institution?" What should I fill in this"Yes or No" As I was not debarred only my one paper was cancelled and I was allowed to clear it during the next examination.This has not been mentioned on my final marksheet or degree.

Guest (Expert) 24 April 2020
If the mark sheet says you were Absent / or Failed in that particular Exam and nothing is mentioned about this issue in your Conduct certificate issued by the particular college then you need not worry and need not elaborate any details about the same and proceed pleasantly
Satyendra Kumar Bisht (Querist) 24 April 2020
The marksheet says that I had failed in that particular exam nothing else.
Guest (Expert) 24 April 2020
Then nothing to worry and pleasantly proceed. All the Best.
Guest (Expert) 24 April 2020
Then nothing to worry and pleasantly proceed. All the Best.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 24 April 2020
You were not debarred / rusticated, you failed. Failure is not asked, seems nothing to be stated in the column.
Satyendra Kumar Bisht (Querist) 24 April 2020
It was an UFM (Unfair Means Case) due to which I was failed in one paper as a punishment by the university which I cleared as a backlog.But I was not debarred or rusticated.I want to inquire whether it will be considered as "suppression of information" if I do not mention it in the attestation form?
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 24 April 2020
Even though you were punished by cancellation of your paper in which you got failed but cleared in the next session so it is neither rusticaion or debar from entering in the examination. In view of that No is the perfect reply in the said column of the form.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 24 April 2020
This is your repeated query otherwise. The original has also been attended.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 25 April 2020
if you were not debarred you cannot say that you were debarred.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 25 April 2020
The query was posted in forum section on 24.04.2020 at:

No reply from any side on forum query.

It was again repeated in the expert section on 24.04.2020 at:

Repeating same problem is not a good habit. Avoid it.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 25 April 2020
I had also attended the same query in forum section so reply shall suffice.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 28 April 2020
Query has been attended, may revert in case of supplementary question.
Satyendra Kumar Bisht (Querist) 28 April 2020
I just want to ensure whether cancellation of one paper due to that UFM case can be considered as being debarred by the university or not
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 28 April 2020
You have already been advised that cancellation of one paper shall not go against you and it shall have no hearing on the certificate.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 29 April 2020
If you enter the so called UFM information in the appropriate column, there is possibility your appointment is held till full information is received from the Board / University or on the basis of information provided by you, your appointment is cancelled without investigation, summarily.

Advice has been provided on the basis of information supplied by you, no one can predict future, it is upon you, how you proceed.

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 29 April 2020
You can send RTI to the Board / university asking them the information based on their record and hence to be provided in the attestation form. They would provide on the basis of record available with them. you can proceed after receiving the information.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now