New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Regarding court fees, stamp duty fees etc paid in court

(Querist) 23 September 2021 This query is : Open 
Hi Sir,

I have filed a case on a person who vows money to me but didn't gave. Promissory note case. Money recovery Act. Now that person is asking for compromise in lok adaalat.

I have spent money for some court challans, stamp duty etc at the time of filing the case. Now that we are getting compromised can I get that money from court? If so wats the procedure?

Means , what I want to ask is, amount which I have spent in initial stages for stamp duty, some challans etc Can I get them back if we settle the case in lok adaalat ? Please answer.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 23 September 2021
Yes, you can claim court fees if compromise between the parties arrived in Lok Adalat.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 23 September 2021
If the petitioner and respondent compromise, then it will be referred to Lok Adalat. However, consult a local advocate for guidance.

Gayatri Gayatri (Querist) 24 September 2021

Sir, I know that matter will be referred to Lok Adalat...What I am asking is, can I get the fees paid to court for stamp duty etc ....Can I get that amount back( I was told by local lawyer that I will get it only if I win in court not when matter gets settled in lok adaalat).....

Can I get that amount ? If so whats the procedure ?
Gayatri Gayatri (Querist) 24 September 2021
@Advocate Bhartesh goyal

Sir, Kindly guide me once on how to get the court fees /procedure if parties compromise in lok adalat. why I am asking is i have spent 20,000 nearly for that... Please help.
P. Venu (Expert) 24 September 2021
Court fee could be reimbursed if the suit is settled through Adalat, Mediation or even outside the Court and compromised memo filed and accepted the Court.
Gayatri Gayatri (Querist) 24 September 2021
P. Venu sir,

Could you please tell the procedure on how to get court fees, stamp duty fee etc. Can i apply directly or have to apply through lawyer, time it will take to get money etc

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now