LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Reconcile after 498a and dv

(Querist) 15 June 2013 This query is : Resolved 
My husband asked me to withdraw DV and 498a case and said that he want to stay with me.he told first i have to withdraw all cases and he also withdraw his divorce petition then we will stay together.My lawyer asked him to sign general MOU without any allegations then he refused for the same and said that trust me, i will not cheat u and we will stay together once i withdraw both cases.he is not ready for any written commitment but he just convinced me that we will stay together.he asked for blind trust from my side.
please suggest me what should i do?if i withdraw cases without any written commitment then what will the disadvantage for me.i am afraid for if he refused to get me back at his home after case withdraw then what will be the option for me legally?

Also please let me know the correct procedure to withdraw 498a and DV case.
please suggest .....
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 15 June 2013
When he is giving a verbal commitment why he is not ready to sign MOU without allegations from either side. At this stage the advise of your lawyer holds good and let both the lawyers find out acceptable path.

Procedure for withdrawal of case is secondary.
Nadeem Qureshi (Expert) 16 June 2013
Agree with Expert, no need to believe if you can not trust on him.
the main question is when he is ready to verbal then why is he not ready to written?
Advocate Deepak Gupta (Expert) 16 June 2013
Section 498A withdrawal after recording of your statement ( hostile ) in court . DV case withdrawal by moving application in court.After withdrawal of 498A and DV you again file both case against him if any cruelty , domestic violence against you . If you think your husband giving diplomatic statement , dont trust on him.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 04 July 2013
No more to add in the given replies.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query