LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Query about a phone call

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 15 May 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Very helpful community in grateful to have your support 🙏
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 15 May 2024
If any case is filed against you, the court may issue a summons to you. If any summons is received then engage a local advocate for further guidance.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 15 May 2024
Just ignore the call, as it is you have blocked the phone number, hence don't be panicked about such prank calls.
It may be a prank call or a honey trap call or a business.
No court staff has any authority to summon any party by phone call.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 16 May 2024
But sir I had verified the number and yes it's of a lawyer but I didn't pickup and it's blocked as I don't think there should be any legal notice or anything of such sort . So if there is any chance of any legal notice or any complaint regarding me should I proceed to block and ignore or should I reply because. I am a student so ig there shouldnt be any legal proceedings against me atleast . Plz help
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 16 May 2024
If at all you receive any legal notice then you approach a local lawyer and seek his advice to handle the situation.
Initially you stated that a lady called from Jamshedpur civil court and now you say it was a lawyer,which is a fact. I think you are passing time by posting such irrelevant questions here.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 16 May 2024
No sir I'm not passing time it's for real I'm a student and im very worried about that call and yes that lady called from civil court as she stated so I don't have that much knowledge about courts and all.
P. Venu (Expert) 16 May 2024
You have been sufficiently advised that in the absence of written communication from the Court, you can ignore the telephone calls.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 16 May 2024
ok understood . very much thanku for the mental peace sir
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 16 May 2024
Thanks for your understanding and resolving the query
I think it is an attempted Cyber Crime. In such cases the best action is no action, as you have not incurred any loss.

Still if you want to do something, report it to Cyber Crime Reporting via number 1930 with full details, like phone number, screenshot etc.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now