Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Purchase of Agriculture land

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 12 February 2010 This query is : Resolved 
Dear learned members of this forum,
I want to purchase a agriculture land in karnataka, but the problem is that in our family no body is agriculturist or Agriculature labour, now i wanted to take some 3 acres of land in the rural/village/city ,so what is the procedure so that i get this land to be registered in my name.
what is the role of Deputy comssiner, asst comssioner, subregister & tehsildar
what the law say regarding this.
kindly help me in this regard.
thanks in advance
A V Vishal (Expert) 12 February 2010
Simply in one word NO you cannot purchase agricultural land if you are a non agriculturist.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 12 February 2010
Non-agriculturist in Karnatka is not entitled to purchase agricultural land.
Vineet (Expert) 12 February 2010
After the commencement of Karnataka Land Reform (Amendment) act, 1995, No person other than a person cultivating land personally is entitled to hold Agricultural land in Karnataka except by An educational, religious or charitable institution or society or trust, Association or other body of Individuals other than a family whther incorporated or not, Co-operative society.

So as an Individual non agriculturalist, you are not entitled to hold any agricultural land.
Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Expert) 13 February 2010
I agree with Lrnd friends - where there is prohibition under local Revenue laws , the sale and purchase is prohibited .

How ever I adivise you to contact local a / karnatka Advocate/s to get more inforamtion on the subject

you may contact Mr Rajeev S Vadrali Advocate who is practising in Karnatka and Darwad .

Rajeev S Vadral
Guest (Expert) 13 February 2010
i agree with all learned experts.
B K Raghavendra Rao (Expert) 13 February 2010
Landless agricultural labourer with an income of less than Rs. 2 lakhs per annum for the three consecutive preceding years may purchase agricultural land in Karnataka. One has to obtain such a certificate from the Tahsildar of the village where he is living.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query