LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

proposed census 2010

(Querist) 18 April 2010 This query is : Resolved 
the said census will begine in May 2010."i'm a spinster[85 yrs]& staying with my brother for old age related symptoms for last 1 yr.i owned a appartment in nashik-Maharashtra since my absence a lady has some*how staying in my apprtmnt.i have not signed any agrmnt.[oral/writing] i fear that during the census 2010 the said lady[Tresspasser] will create EVIDENCE of stay in my apprtmnt.making my job in getting the possession of my apprtmnt. in future. My Q,is whether i can prevent the census being carried out for her? if yes where to write/approch to adress my worry ?
Kiran Kumar (Expert) 18 April 2010
it may not be just census she can create other documents also to show her possession, like Ration Card, Election Card.

but any such document will not affect your ownership rights provided you have valid documents.
mahendrakumar (Expert) 18 April 2010
yes, your ownership rights will not be affected by such documents alone.

any, please clarify,what you mean by "somehow staying"? how long and since when?
Uma parameswaran (Expert) 18 April 2010
Inform to concerned officers by giving written letter.
Parveen Kr. Aggarwal (Expert) 18 April 2010
You cannot stop the census being carried out. However, mere entry in census will not affect your title if she has no document of title regarding the property. You may institute a suit for possession against the lady for recovery of possession of the property from her.
Akhilesh Kumar (Expert) 24 April 2010
You should worry about the things, it is not easy task to kick out her from the said appartment. Possession creates 70% ownrship.If she is living from more than 12 years without giving rent or any objection raised by you then you should definitly worry.Practically its not easy task.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query