LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Property tax payment made to the society!

(Querist) 23 November 2012 This query is : Resolved 
We are residing in Mulund(W), Mumbai. After formation of Society, there were still some discrepancies going on with the Builder and the Property Tax was pending for a long time. The members took over the burden and paid the Property tax on behalf of the builder.
It was decided that once the builder reimburses the money the same amount would be paid off to the Owners/members who have contributed.
The money has now been released after around 5/6 years.
Many of the original owners who had contributed the amounts have sold off their flats.
I own a flat in the same building but had sold off the flat for which I had given away the amounts for Property Tax adding a clause in the Sale deed with the purchaser, that when the money is reimbursed they would give it to me.
Now, the managing committee is refusing to pay me the money saying I have already sold off the flat.
Please advise :

Do they have the authority to swindle with a member's money.

Am I supposed to write to the Registrar Or Serve a notice thru a lawyer.

Under which section can I calim what is due to me?

ajay sethi (Expert) 23 November 2012
was the decision coomunicated in wrting that once builder reimureses the same amount would be paid to members who have contributed .
if so society is bound to return your copntribution . issue legal notice to society
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 23 November 2012
If any resolution had been passed in support of your contention then definitely you are entitled for the reimbursement. Issue notice through your lawyer and then file a civil suit.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 05 October 2013
prima facie appears to be criminal case of breach of trust on the part of buyer.

Meet local advocate and examine feasibility of sending notice to him and the soceity.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 05 October 2013

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query