25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Property law

(Querist) 05 April 2012 This query is : Resolved 
hello experts,

a property is in possession of A but he does not have any ownership proof except the record of municipal corporation i.e. the name in the assessment register. now he wants to transfer the property to his daughter in law. how can A do that so that the daughter in law become owner and becomes enable to further sell the property.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 05 April 2012
A person cannot transfer better rights so what is the status of your friend over the mentioned property, he can dispose off the same is favour of his daughter in law as proposed.
Deepak Nair (Expert) 06 April 2012
'A' cannot transfer the property if the title is not clear.
V R SHROFF (Expert) 06 April 2012
Handover possession, Draft & Register a Deed of Property with whatever u have
the record of municipal corporation i.e. the name in the assessment register.
+ Electricity bill etc
Can go for News Paper out asking any objection or claim of anyone on that property.
M V Gupta (Expert) 06 April 2012
I feel that the query is incomplete to get a proper reply. the querist should tell us when and how A got possession of the property. Was it under a gift deed or a settlement or family arrangement etc. There must be some document with the help of which A got his name recorded in the Municipal records and property taxes are paid by him. As opined by Mr. Makkad A can transfer rights what he has in the property.
Ayush (Querist) 06 April 2012
Mr. Gupta, A is in the possession of the property from time immemorial. There is no record of ownership of A. You can say its an adverse possession. Now tell me, how he can transfer the property in the name of his daughter in law so that she become able to further sell the property.
ESTHERPRIYA (Expert) 07 April 2012
By gift settlement deed or by sale deed as per the terms agreed between you two.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query