Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Property law

(Querist) 08 June 2023 This query is : Resolved 
I had this friend whom I helped by adding his name in my ration card and now he is living on my property for 2 years now . He pays rent to me .My concern is can he claim share/ownership of my property ?

kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 08 June 2023
No. He cannot claim your property. But try to remove his name in ration card.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 09 June 2023
Your friend is residingin in your property and paying rent to you his status is a tenant so can't claim ownership of property.

Dr. J C Vashista (Expert) 09 June 2023
Although he is a tenant and shall remain the status of tenant yet it is advisable to get his name removed from your ration card, which he can make it in his own name.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 10 June 2023
The name of a friend, who is not a family member in your family/ration card is illegal, hence first remove his name and then you issue rental receipts every month to him for the rental payments made by him.
This will help you establish the landlord - tenant relationship in case of any future dispute.
P. Venu (Expert) 14 June 2023
He is a tenant. And as the tenant, he cannot deny your title. If so, that itself would be a ground to seek his eviction.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now