25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Property case

(Querist) 29 September 2017 This query is : Resolved 
Sir,my grand grand father I mean my father grand father was adopted son.He got some property from his relatives.my grand grand father has two sons.later in his partition deed,he (grand grand father)given the property given by his relatives to his elder son.later his elder son (my grandfather)gave his part to his younger brother of his share property.now my question is.is that property is ancestral property or not.please help
P. Venu (Expert) 30 September 2017
Were the properties 'given' through registered conveyance (gift, partition, settlement) deeds? Or, was it through Will?
mukesh (Querist) 30 September 2017
My grand grand father wrote a will to his son later his son(my grand father)wrote a partition deed with 3 of them his father and his brother
Kumar Doab (Expert) 30 September 2017
Probably Mr. P. Venu wanted you to respond on how the property came into hands of your grand grand father as in your query!

You may confirm on same.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 30 September 2017
You have rather posted how your grand grand father as in your query disposed the property.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 30 September 2017
You may also confirm if ll involved are Hindu.

If the property(ies) came into the hands of your grandfather grandfather as in your query by a valid/registered deed or valid inheritance then he can dispose it further by a valid/registered deed.

The property that devolves from inheritance valid/registered deed say; partition/settlement/gift/WILL is of nature self acquired.

If the property has been partitioned by valid/registered deed it should loose its ancestral character.

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 30 September 2017
The property was through will from Great grand father / partition deed from your grand father it is not an ancestral property.

Guest (Expert) 30 September 2017
Depends upon the documents, if prepared and registered, while distributing the property or after inheritance by the beneficiaries. You have to show the case related documents to some lawyer, expert in property lawyer laws.
mukesh (Querist) 01 October 2017
Thank you everyone

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query