LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PIO card

(Querist) 04 April 2011 This query is : Resolved 
I am going to marry Chinese girl. Can she apply for PIO card after marriage in India?

If not, which are the ways to get long term visa or citizenship?
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 04 April 2011
No unless any of her parents are Indian.
Dixit Patel (Querist) 04 April 2011
Any other way to get citizenship as she & her parents are Chinese only.
A V Vishal (Expert) 05 April 2011
Mr Dixit, as the term suggests PIO is meant only for Persons of Indian origin and your fiancee being a chinese cannot acquire the same, however, after marriage your spouse needs to apply for proper Indian Visa to stay in India. She can be granted citizenship u/s. 5(c) of the Citizenship Act provided she stays with you for a minimum period of seven years in India after which you need to move an application for citizenship.
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 05 April 2011
Rightly advised by Mr.Vishal, Nothing to add.
After the marriage she is having the right to get the Indian Citizenship as per the law.
Dixit Patel (Querist) 05 April 2011
To Mr Arunagiri,

Under Section 5C of Citizenship Act, she has right. But is it fine if she not lived continuous for 5 years in India under X Visa?

Because Chinese spouse has only one way to live in India ie; X visa or Entry Visa.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query