Perjury help

Hello Learned Members,

Here are events of various cases in chronological order,

1. Wife in Domestic Violence cross-examination admits that husband have been supporting Kid's education and finance.

2. Husband submitted my proofs in DV (with affidavit) where in Husband submitted all proofs of supporting Kid financially.

3. Wife filed interim application of interim maintenance in GWA (with affidavit) stating that she has no means to survive and husband didnt look after kid and have not provided any financial support till date.

Is perjury made out ? Is it a fit case to pursue ?

Where do i file case of perjury ? In GWA court Or DV court ?

Please suggest.

I appreciate your time and wisdom shared in this forum to help getting justice.

Thank you.

ajay sethiOnline (Expert)

dont persue perjury . be satisfied that your wife has admitted that you are looking after kids .if you file for perjury you will spend more money in running around courts and on legal fees
best bet is to file for divorce by mutual consent . settle issue amicably .

R.K NandaOnline (Expert)

agree with expert sethi.

Perjury is filed before the same court wherein any wrong statement/document or evidence has been produced. Though the contents of the perjury are available as per your query but the advice of Ajay is also of worth mentioning. Don't open fresh gates of litigation with your wife and do concentrate on the ongoing.

Never Give Up (Querist)

Thank you Experts.

I appreciate your balanced (both on legal front and human front) suggestion for resolving disputes.

V R SHROFF (Expert)

Court may or may not initiate perjury. Court only says it is true/ or false. So useless to file perjury.

ajay sethiOnline (Expert)

thanks for your appreciation

×