LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Payment of property tax on occupation certificate alone

(Querist) 24 February 2023 This query is : Resolved 
I stay in CHS. My society has received OC but the complete Conveyance is not done. So, should I be paying Property tax for my flat to Municipal authorities? The bill is in Builder's name.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 24 February 2023
No legal issues are involved in your query. Do you know which amount you have to pay? If you know pay Municipal authorities or ask the builder for a receipt for your flat.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 25 February 2023
Since you are in possession of the property stated to have been allotted by builder to you, you are liable to pay tax(es) directly or indirectly.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 25 February 2023
Until the coveyance deed is not executed and registered in favour of you,you can not be considered legally owner of property so in my opinion you need not to pay any tax regarding property to Municipality or other Govt department.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now