Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Paying guest accomodation

(Querist) 17 November 2019 This query is : Resolved 
I am residing in ahmedabad and i want to use my flat for paying guest accomodation to students and bachlors. Our society committee saying that no members can give their flats to bachlors or paying guest purposes. Our society is registered under bombay non trading corporation act 1949...which was abolished by the gujarat govt. in 2005. can society put such conditions on me...
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 17 November 2019
Dear Mr. chirag,
If society has passed resolution about not to allow students and bachelors in that case the said resolution is binding on you. You canchallenge it before co. op. registrar.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 17 November 2019
If any such clause is in the Rules and Regulations of the Byelaw, then you have to follow such rules and regulations. Otherwise you may file petition before the Registrar of Cooperative Housing Societies concerned.
P. Venu (Expert) 28 November 2019
The Society or its management has no law making powers. As such, it cannot prevent its member from doing what the ordinary laws allow him to do unless there is a legislative sanction which empowers the Society or its management to impose such a condition.
krishna mohan (Expert) 18 December 2019
yes your right no one can deny. You can consult a local legal expert on property matters for better appreciation of facts and right advise.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query