Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Partition of property

(Querist) 29 July 2021 This query is : Resolved 
My mother died three years back leaving me, my brother and my father.
My mother has a land purchase by her.
After death of my mother my brother and my father wants to make partition in such a way that I will get worst part of the land.

They also want to register the property in their name.


Can co-owner of a ancestral property registered without concent of one owner (myself). ?

How to stop such action ?

kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 29 July 2021
You have a right over the ancestral property along with other legal heirs. So file a partition suit in court by consulting a local lawyer.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 30 July 2021
Yes, you ,your brother and your father have right to get equal share in the property left by your mother so you need to file partition suit before court..Consult to local lawyer for Further necessary action.
SUBRATA HALDAR (Querist) 30 July 2021
Can my brother and father register the property in their name without inform me ?

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 30 July 2021
No, they can't but Better contact to local lawyer for early and necessary action.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 30 July 2021
Actual problem is different to what you have posted wherein subject land (property) is left behind by your mother intestate and other LRs of deceased are doing partition as per their choice, which you are claiming to be not by meets and bound and not acceptable to you, isn't so ?

If so, do not agree for partition by meets and bounds and file a suit for partition and possession before appropriate court of jurisdiction through a local prudent lawyer.
P. Venu (Expert) 31 July 2021
"Register' - what sort of registration? How?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query