Obc reservation rules

I am currently working as a clerk in psb. My annual income is within 5 lakh per annum. My mother is dependent on me and she is a family pension holder. I am belonging to the caste notified as OBC in my state, but have never applied for the OBC certificate and appeared in unreserved category in my present employment. I am willing to sit for other job opportunities in future. Can I apply for the OBC certificate now and avail OBC reservation and its relaxations in future employment, considering my present employment is in unreserved category.

The Annual Income from all sources should not exceed Rs.8 lakhs, then a personn is eligible for obc reservation .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)

What was your father's employment status during his employment tenure?
If he was not recruited as a class I or Group A officer directly or if he was not promoted to the said post before attaining 40 years of age, then his salary income is not taken into consideration for determining the OBC NON CREAMY Layer.
Your employment or your mother's pension income will not be taken into consideration for determining your eligibility for to apply for a post reserved for OBC NCL.
Thus in my opinion, you are eligible for a post under having reservations under the the category OBC NCL

Advocate M.BhadraOnline (Expert)

Yes you can apply to the Government of West Bengal
Backward Classes Welfare Department
Application form for SC/ST/OBC Certificate----------https://castcertificatewb.gov.in/jsp/application_module/application_sc_st.jsp

Your mother is getting pension therefore, she is not your dependent.
You can avail the benefit of OBC, if you fulfill other conditions as applicable in your state.

×

Muslim Personal Law     |    x