LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Notice on vacating a flat

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 13 August 2022 This query is : Resolved 
My rent agreement is made for 11 moths but because of a Job change, I have to shift to another city before 11 months. There is no lock in period mentioned in the agreement. Only a notice period is mentioned for 2 months. Can the house owner take any legal actions if I leave the flat before 11 months?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 13 August 2022
You give notice by registered post to the house owner that you are going to vacate the house within the period and after completion of 2 months from the date of notice received by him. Then he cannot take legal action.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 13 August 2022
You can vacate the rented premises either by serving two months notice to lanlord or by paying two months rent to him.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 14 August 2022
You may vacate and hand over the demised premises to landlord even before expiry of agreement.
Whether the landlord has objected to handing over the possession when rent agreement is still in vogue ?
P. Venu (Expert) 14 August 2022
Yes, what is decisive is the stand of the landlord. Even if he non-cooperative, you may have to pay rent for the notice period.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query