LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need information on registering my fathers field and home to

(Querist) 01 September 2017 This query is : Resolved 
Hi All,

This is Santosh from Bangalore. Basically we are from Andhra Pradesh and my father too. Last year my father was dead and the property is on his name. Now we want to transfer his property to myname (I am the son of him).So what is the procedures, documents needs to be submit, what is the amount i have to pay for registration,

Please help with the answers,
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 01 September 2017
Dear Client,

First you need to obtain death certificate from Registrar of Births and Deaths or from the Hospital where your father breathed his last or fro0m any neighbor or relatives who certifies your father's death. Then you must obtain Legal heir certificate along with your mother-widow of your father, your father's mother and siblings your sisters and brothers. If none of them are available on account of their death or you are the only son in order to get sole legal heir certificate from local Tehsil Office and apply for mutation of your name in revenue records on the basis of death and legal heir certificates.IN case you've siblings and mother and father's mother are there you will have to obtain relinquishment deed in your favour by them for which nominal stamp duty and registration fee is payable.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 01 September 2017
If your father has not left any will the property would be inherited by all the legal heirs.

You can enter into registered family settlement deed or other heirs may relinquish their right.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 01 September 2017
Apparently it is simple matter of inheritance.
The authority under whose jurisdiction property falls e.g; MC, has a well prescribed procedure for such matters i.e; Intestate Succession and might have described it on its website .

The forms, procedure and requisite documents are certainly available in office.

GO thru it carefully.

Death certificate, legal heir certificate are basic requirements.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 29 June 2018
I stick to my above view.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query