LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Name change of wife after marriage

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 16 January 2022 This query is : Resolved 

My mother(widow) already has my fathers surname on all her legal documents. However, she doesn't have any affidavit/document stating how she got this name after getting married.

Can she now make an affidavit of "Name change after getting married" and give the publications in 2 local daily newspapers.

Will this be considered valid?

kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 16 January 2022
Yes. After publishing the name change in the 2 largest circulated daily newspapers, put an application in Annexure-I through the Tahsildar concerned to the Govt. But now what is the necessity for it?
P. Venu (Expert) 17 January 2022
What is the necessity for making such a change?
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 18 January 2022
It can be published in gazette as per procedure, if you feel.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query