Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Name change by gazette notification is valid in australia..?

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 11 January 2022 This query is : Resolved 
I am going to change name by "Gazette Notification". My Degree certificates(10th, 12th, BSc) and EMP Certificates( Experience letter) are with OLD names and Passport will be with “NewName”(will change after Gazette Notification). Will University in Australia will “accept or consider” Degree certificates and Emp certificates valid with Old names? Since Name change is not done by foreign authority where I am going to Master's Education in Australia(on student visa)....

kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 11 January 2022
Only after the change of new name through Gazette, then with the copy of the same, you can proceed.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 13 January 2022
What is requirement / necessity of change of name at this stage, if you are really serious ?

P. Venu (Expert) 13 January 2022
Yes, what is the necessity for name change. Gazette Notification is just a procedure. It is not based on any international convention to which Australia is a signatory. Even in our country, it is not based on any statute. As such, the name change could land you in trouble.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now